6 days – 4 mountains
The Cotopaxi volcano with 5897 m. is the second highest mountain in Ecuador. Its particular beauty, low technical difficulty and easy access attracts mountaineers from all over.
If your goal is to reach this wonderful summit, Sun and Snow has designed a program in order to optimize the time with a lot of emphasis in a gradual acclimatisation process on three lower peaks in the surrounding area.
Both, acclimatisation mountains and accommodations, have been selected in a logical way where the driving time has been reduced to its minimal.
- What is included?
- Packing list
- All year round season
- Home of impressive highlands wildlife
- Gradual acclimatisation peaks
- 4 mountains
- All ground transportation in private vehicles
- English-speaking professional ASEGUIM/UIAGM Mountain guides.
- Meals conform itinerary (B=breakfast, BL=box lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance fees to all national parks and reserves
- Accommodations in hotels while in cities based in double occupancy
- Domestic and/or international flights
- Airport taxes in Ecuador when leaving the country
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Extra transportation or other activities
- Excess baggage fees
- All items of personal nature
- Personal mountaineering gear such as sleeping bag, trekking poles, etc.
- Other personal expenses
- Additional accommodations not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tours or other activities not indicated on the itinerary
- Insurance (we strongly recommend you to get one)
- All drinks
Physical Conditions Technical Conditions
This case generally applies to our mountaineering trips where the effective walking hours exceed six and can be extended up to nine hours round trip. Technically speaking, these activities generally occur in areas covered with snow and glacier where technical mountaineering equipment is mandatory.
Duration: 6 days
Access: Drive in and drive out
Pre-requisites: Hiking experience
26 Nov.-1 Dec./2018
Reccommended packing list
You will need a sleeping bag for the huts (there are mattresses).
In the case of traveling light there are in Quito several mountain climbing outfitters where you can rent equipment like mountaineering boots, crampons , ice-axes, harnesses, helmets, etc. but we strongly recommend to bring, at least, your own boots.
Most technical and group equipment, such as: ropes, snow pickets, ice screws, etc., will be provided if you travel with our guides.